Sunday, May 3, 2009

Day 33 - April 24, 2009


Very little is changing now on the outside, however, on the inside.. Well, that's a different story. My seeds are continuing to mature and develop, like I mentioned on my last journal.
My body is winding down. My leaves are continuing to die as they're ability to function is no longer effective. All my stored nutrients are going into my upper body through my vascular tissues to provide fuel to my future offspring. I've lost almost all my petals, which were originally used to attract insects to spread my pollen. Those that are left are drying up and falling off.
Other than that, there isn't much more to add. I'm dying, and I'm alright with that. My time is naturally short -- 40 days at best. All I can hope for is that my offspring will continue my genetic continuity. I hope that both I and my breeding plant are homozygous dominant, that way all my offspring will be tall like me!
Until next time,
B. Rapa

Vascular Tissues: The tissues within the stem and veins of a plant. They contain properties found within leaf veins. They are used to transport water, food, and minerals through cellular diffusion and active transport.

Homozygous Dominant: A biological term meaning that a gene carries two alleles [traits] which are dominant. This means that this allele is active over other less dominant or "recessive" alleles.

No comments: