Sunday, May 3, 2009

Day 36 - April 27, 2009 (Conclusion)


This will, unfortunately, be my last journal.

I am on my last stages of life, and I don't want to trouble you with my decay. Soon my pods will begin turning yellow-brown. That means that my seeds are mature and no longer need me alive in order to survive. They will also begin to dry out, making them capable of being replanted. Shortly after, my leaves will finish drying out and so will my stem, as my internal moisture diffuses into the air. Then, I will wither, dry out, and unavoidably die and decompose. Decomposition is natural, though. All living things must decompose in order to return nutrients to the soil.

My goal is complete. I have successfully created several potential offspring. I've outlined the processes and internal regulations that I have, including my germination, vascular tissues, transport, respiration, photosynthesis, mitosis, meiosis, pollination, and my death. I've shown you my most intimate and detailed views of both my structure and my anatomy. I hope that you, my readers, have enjoyed this journey through my life - from seed to seeds.

Until we meet again in the lives of my offspring,

B. Rapa



No comments: